Quartz Composer

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Quartz Composer

Postby ylandsman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:31 pm

I have been using quartz composer, a free application that comes with the Tiger development tools. While Arkaos doesn't work directly with the qtz files (hint hint), exporting them to a quicktime movie loses none of the functionality.

The program works in sort of a patchbay approach where you connect inputs to outputs, and can even apply logic, and have input from audio, or firewire.

One of my first compositions in QC was a music plasma generator, that changes based on the pitches received through audio in. If anyone wants a copy of it, please feel free to email. Unfortunately though, these Quartz Compositions will only work on Mac OSX 10.4 and above.
ylandsman

Postby bogga » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:19 am

i'd like to have a look!
so exporting to any codec will keep audio in intact??
bogga

Postby toneburst » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:24 am

I'd love to have a look at that ylandsman!
Are you saying you can add this functionallity to a quicktime movie, then drop that movie into Arkaos, and have it still respond to audio even when being triggered from within Arkaos!? That would be pretty cool, if so...

I've seen QT movies that start up a builtin iSight camera on a MacBook or other similarly-equipped Mac, but haven't seen an audio-reactive MOV before...

Alex
http://www.toneburst.net
toneburst
Normal user

Postby johnnysclub » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:53 am

I am very good in quartz composer,if you need something mail me
here are some samples;
http://quartzcomposer.blogspot.com/
johnnysclub

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)