Resolume-Avenue

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Resolume-Avenue

Postby jcbklyny » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 am

I figured it was only a matter of time until someone mentioned this new version of the very popular Resolume... and since the beta dropped today I was wondering what people thought of it? Any features you like about the new resolume that could possibly be added to GrandVJ???

Personally I have to say - I know it's a just a beta... but so far Resolume-Avenue has crashed on me every time I've tried to use it on both XP and Vista. It doesnt play a number of video files that GrandVJ could right out of the gate (like mpeg's and m2v's), and the new audio features dont tie in very well with the video. Loops sound good but the video doesnt quite follow along, making for a very weird piece of software. If it cant seamlessly loop or scratch any video file it can play along with the music, the feature is a waste. Oh, and did I mention it can't play MP3's???? It feels like they didn't know whether or not they wanted to make a new version of Serato or a new version of VDMX so they came up with this unstable hybrid. For me, Ableton Live/GrandVJ combo works out a lot better... and it's STABLE!

So I have to say I'm very happy I purchased GrandVJ rather then wait for Resolume-Avenue.

The only features I would like to see added to GrandVJ in the future that can be found in Resolume-Avenue are:

- Dark Interface ;)
- Cue Points
- FreeFrame Plugins
& Independent Clip Resolution settings

*cough* HINT HINT HINT...

- John
jcbklyny
Expert user

Postby DMJ Moabyte » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 am

Mac version seems to be stable, no problems so far. I am really enjoying the beta of Avenue, and I would like to see the beat and automation setting in Avenue implemented in GVJ. Being able to set groove templates to a video clips is definitely a cool feature.

What I don't like about Avenue is still its non-organic approach to mixing. Its still a geek tool and and not nearly as organic as AVJ or GVJ. I own all the major VJ software titles, including VDMX and Arkaos is still my main app. GVJ will be soon but not until we get transitions and automation. The lack of transitions is a real bummer and IMO should have been included with the first release.
DMJ Moabyte

Re: Resolume-Avenue

Postby Oachi21 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 am

Very informative posting thanks!!!
Oachi21

Re: Resolume-Avenue

Postby kswaby10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 am

Thanks alot for this info.
kswaby10

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)