Viewing QT thumbnails in windows

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Viewing QT thumbnails in windows

Postby nick c » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Lately i have been getting pissed off, at not seeing the thumbnail images of my QT vido files in windowsXP. and i have alot of QT files.

So i did a search and found a file called quickthumb.dll. which allows windows to veiw the thumbnails in explorer. it was very easy to install. and althow it does not say so, works with QT 7,5,5. it makes things alot easier.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~mbarrien/p ... README.txt

just thought i would post the details, in case there was anyone else in the same position.
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Postby jcbklyny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:56 am

Quicktime Alternative can do this as well and allows you to get rid of apple's quicktime altogether.
jcbklyny
Expert user

Re: Viewing QT thumbnails in windows

Postby Dr.Groove » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:37 am

nick c wrote:Lately i have been getting pissed off, at not seeing the thumbnail images of my QT vido files in windowsXP. and i have alot of QT files.

So i did a search and found a file called quickthumb.dll. which allows windows to veiw the thumbnails in explorer. it was very easy to install. and althow it does not say so, works with QT 7,5,5. it makes things alot easier.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~mbarrien/p ... README.txt

just thought i would post the details, in case there was anyone else in the same position.

This makes my windows explorer crashing
Dr.Groove
Dr.Groove

Postby itsjojo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Anyone else try this function? I would like to view thumbnails for my files as well!!!
itsjojo

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)