Just seeing what others think

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Just seeing what others think

Postby lighttch » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:57 am

One of my favorite things about ArkDMX was the ability to run both DMX or midi from the same software. This was handy as about 40% of my shows, Arkaos is controlled from the lighting desk, while 60% of the time the show was on the fly controlled by the keyboard. This allowed me to keep the same showfile as a starting point. For my live on the fly shows, I am happily using GrandVJ, with a Berhinger BCF2000. What I am wondering is, might GrandVJ be morphed into something similar to the old ArkaosMidi / ArkaosDMX or might this be a future mod to Media Master. Anyway keep up the good work.

Andrew
lighttch
Advanced user

Postby nick c » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm

i know exactly what you mean.

i also like to use the recording and playback of animations feature, whilst doing a keyboard show. i have been doing camera feeds to screens at showjumping events (boreing stuff) and use the feature to make loops of sponsors logos and any video clips they can supply. it is very quick and easy to do on the fly. and you just leave it looping, whilst needed.

i have not found another product that can do everything Arkaos 3,6,5 dmx can do, i will keep on useing it in my systems untill media master can do better than 3,6,5.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Media Master doesn't replace ArkosDMX

Postby artchitecture » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Different Products for different things. Media Master just doesn't do what ArkaosDMX does. It lacks so much of the functionallity and features of Arkaos. It is an excellent alternative to the other media servers on the market but considering I thought Arkaos was better than catylst, axiom or the other offerings I am disappointed that the latest offering dumbs down the functionallity of the system. I find it very unfortunate that the company views Media Master as the upgrade to ArkaosDMX. ArkaosDMX is simply better than Media Master if you need the features it offers. Media Master is better if you are familiar with other media server packages and think like a lighting board programmer. Both products are important in the market place and each is appropriate to different users. I hope that arkaos will reexamine the future of this product and correctly move into the future with both products.
artchitecture
Normal user

Postby alchemist » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello,

As said here in the forum, MediaMaster is not yet an upgrade of ArKaos DMX. It is a new product that will at term replace ArKaos VJ DMX but for now, both products can live together. Each one has its cool features, and you can choose ArKaos VJ DMX or MediaMaster.

MediaMaster will have new features, the version 1.0 is not the latest one ;)
alchemist
Expert user

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)