GrandVJ Sound-Controlled Effects

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

GrandVJ Sound-Controlled Effects

Postby petek » Sun May 17, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm thinking of buying GrandVJ and have tried the free download demo version for a few hours. But the only sound-controlled effects seem to be 2 bass zooms. Is that really right or am I totally missing something?

I need to be able to use the live sound input to control far more than zoom: at the very least brightness and size (the latter not like the bass zooms - I mean when there's silence I want the size to be zero), and ideally lots of other things such rotation, warping, fragmentation, etc.

Is it possible to control other things from the sound input? Thanks!
petek

Postby PhasedMedia » Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 am

Hi Petek
There is a few more audio controlled fx that come with the software, but all the interactive fx are flash-based, meaning that you can write your own.
There is a link to 'audioflash.zip' somewhere on this forum (sorry, can't remember where- try searching forum). This lists (and provides examples of) available variable names.

If you don't have the ability to use adobe flash, you can always ask another GrandVJ user to help you out making specific dynamic animations.
We're pretty helpful around here :D
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Thanks!

Postby petek » Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks Will!

That's very handy to know you can create your own fx using Flash. I might use that later. But for the moment I need to get something up & running pretty quickly for a live event, so it would be great to know what the other built-in sound-controlled fx are. I guess the info must be somewhere on the Arkaos site, but so far I haven't found it.
petek

Postby petek » Mon May 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Btw, I found audioflash.exe and took a look. I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. What I want is additional audio-controlled effects that I can apply to my _own_ video clips, not more Sources or Visuals.

-Pete
petek

Postby PhasedMedia » Wed May 20, 2009 2:30 am

Most of the built-in sound controlled fx are the waveforms/ dynamic text/ and the bass zooms.
Not many that can be applied to a video, however I have had great results using sound-reactive animations as masks to another video layer.

Also in flash, the deformations generated by audio FFT can be applied to complex or animated objects (i.e logo bouncing to beat with a spin evey 100 frames etc).
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)