midi channels

A general discussion about ArKaos and other software (i.e. other software that is part of your creation process like Blender, After effects, Artmatic,..)

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

midi channels

Postby elvision » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 am

i'm sure this is pretty simple, but i'm trying to assign midi channels to the knobs of my oxyger eight and i can't make it work. right now the knob 1 (and the modulation wheel) work as midi channel 1. the mouse (and data slider) are assigned to channels 7 and 8. but i can't get the other seven knobs on the keyboard to work.
elvision

Postby matthieu » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:21 am

> right now the knob 1 (and the modulation wheel) work as midi channel 1

I suppose you mean MIDI controller 1 on MIDI channel 1...
By default, ArKaos get the MIDI from MIDI channel 1 only. That means if your knob 2 is assigned to MIDI controller 2 on MIDI channel 1, it will work, but not if you knob is assign to another MIDI channel.
I think on the Oxygen all knob and MIDI keyboard event are sent on the same channel, this means that you should be on the good MIDI channel if you receive MIDI from knob 1.

Maybe your knob 2 is assign to another MIDI controller number. You can use the reset function to set knob X to MIDI controller X. Use your Oxygen user manual if you don't know how to use these functions.
matthieu
Expert user

You can use MIDI-OX to reassign all MIDI commands

Postby VirtualFlavius » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:14 pm

Check out http://www.midiox.com/ for information.

MIDI Yoke + MIDI-OX (both freeware) is a great solution for all your MIDI needs on a PC.

Cheers,
Flavius
Flavius DardaVJ Parshandata
VirtualFlavius

Postby Hambone » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Don't confuse MIDI channels with MIDI CC assignments.

You've got 16 MIDI channels to use, but you only need 1 from your controller. You then have 127 MIDI CC assignemts to use from your controller to be transmitted on your selected MIDI channel. Pick a knob on your controller, twist it, and note the control number. Type this number into the effect parameter box on your chosen Arkaos effect, and that knob will control that effect.

I assume that 3.5 will make this TONS easier, like it is in Ableton Live and Modul8 and any other 21st century application. Highight a parameter, twist a knob on your controller, and the assignment is done.
Hambone
Expert user

Postby ZIA » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:34 pm

*push*

hello everybody. i'm encountering the exact same problems as described above. however, i'm an absolute nerd when it comes to midid so here's what i did so far and what i want to do:

i'm working with arkaos 3.5 on my laptop (windows xp sp3). i've hooked up my oxygen 8v2 via usb.

no matter how often i check on my midi assignments, i just can't get the keboards controllers to work properly. i just want to be able to adjust the speed of my flash movies while they're showing, but i can't find get the controllers to do that.

when i use any of the keyboars knobs the red midi light in arkaos comes on to show me that it receives midi. i've tried all kinds of channels but not one is doing the trick.

any suggestions? i'm looking forward for your answers...

cheers

john
ZIA

Return to Software - General discussion about software (other than ArKaos)