Jerky movement when using Enttec USB Pro

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderator: Jdoniaute

Jerky movement when using Enttec USB Pro

Postby JR Roughley » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi Guys

I am using Enttec DMX Pro

All works well! Except when I want to move the image around on the screen like I would a moving light beam. The movement is not very smooth even with DMX smoothing at 255.

Any ideas if I can get smoother movement any other way.

Thanks
JR
JR Roughley

Postby Sebastien » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Hello,

Be sure that you right patched arkaos on your dmx console, all the position channel are in 16bits, then use smooth movement on your console.

best regards
Sebastien

Postby nick c » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi guys.

There is a factor that you have to take into consideration, when moveing visuals around the screen and the jerky movement.

the problem is that Dmx 0-100% is really calculated in hexadesimals. and that is 0-255. so the the ratio of pixels horizontaly or verticaly in the movement. so an image crossing the screen will always run jerky as a screen of 1024 x 768. 1024/255 = 1hexadesimal = 4pixels. or something like that.

thats why some people are asking for a timeline in arkaos. for smoother movements and timeings for effects.

I hope this is correct. and it helps.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting