MagicQ head file?

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderator: Jdoniaute

MagicQ head file?

Postby dlights » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Is there an updated Head file for MagicQ out there. The one that Chamsys supplies seems to be innaccurate at least in regards to where some of the effects are mapped in the encoders and such. The one on the Arkaos website is from like 4 years ago... or does anyone know how I can adjust the head file?

'D'
'Be the change you wish to see in the world.' --Ghandi
dlights
Normal user

Postby Andy melleney » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi,

i noticed this too and raised it with the guys at chamsys - its due to the newer arkaos releases obviously doing things differently from the original personallity build (but certainly not 4 years old i'm sure..) But.. to edit the personallity to the way you want it is very easy using the head edit function i believe it is.
Personally i have also used this to change the way locate function works so movie becomes the default - but there are allsorts of tweaks possible so the desk setup suits your style.
Check out the chamsys.co.uk site for manuals or chamsys.be/forum for more tricks and updates

Andy Mel
Andy melleney

MagicQ

Postby ramsey » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 am

Hi,

Yes I raised this Question with the Chamsys and Arkaos guys, too.

If anyone spends the time to make a really nice head file, please post it for the community (if I get time, I might even do so myself).
ramsey

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting