TouchOSC

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

TouchOSC

Postby SoupVisuals » Wed May 26, 2010 10:00 pm

So how'd you guys actually manage to make this work?

I'm trying to get it up on an ipad but since that was striking out i switched the iphone (been around longer=more resources). so what's the right order to open applications?
I open grandvj first, select new, touch osc template

then I open OSCulator
and load the mix2.oscd downloaded from hexler.net

Then open touchosc on iphone, make sure network is correct and select mix 2 in layout and done

and nothing. i tried lots of other options and configurations, just picked this one to list. really just looking for the general answer here, not anything based on my setup.
SoupVisuals

Re: TouchOSC

Postby Yesca » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

you can try these templates. they work for gvj1.1 + touchosc1.4 but i haven't tested them beyond that..
http://yesca.net/touchosc4arkaos.zip
[macbook+akai mpd32]
Yesca

Postby SoupVisuals » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:43 pm

thanks alot, i'll check these out for sure.
I made that post months ago and Arkaos just let it go up, i've made alot of progress and have a setup working, I just find it very limited and nothing compared to a physical controller. Just much faster and easier to perform live with an apc-40 then with an ipad.
SoupVisuals

Postby Yesca » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 pm

same here.. i'll stick with the mpd32 for now. i was just curious to see how it worked but it's not for me... though others may find it handy. it depends on what you're doing and how you use gvj. either way, touchosc + ipod touch/ipad is far more affordable than jazzmutant's lemur - though i've never used one. but obviously if the nice folks there were to read this and send me one, i'd be happy to test it!

[shameless i know but hey, it's worth a shot.. :wink: ]
[macbook+akai mpd32]
Yesca

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing