2x intensity pros on XP system

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

2x intensity pros on XP system

Postby Mantsu » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi there,

I run an XP system using one intensity pro card which has a input from another PC.
I need to somehow get another input from an HD camera running through GVJ at the same time as this PC input.
I tried searching the forums and other places for info on running 2 intensity pro cards at once and if it even works but couldn't really find anything helpful ( i may or may not have failed at searching , if in the event that i did in fact fail, links to places where wanted info is supplied would be most helpful, thank you)

Does anyone have any experience with this, kinda don't want to spend $250 for another card just to test it.
If it requires a OS upgrade then that is fine, just need to know if windows and/or GVJ can support 2 of them at the same time.

Any help would be great.
Thank you

Mantsu
Mantsu

Re: 2x intensity pros on XP system

Postby tvdz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Mantsu,

The best thing you can do to find out if multiple blacklink cards in 1 system work, is by contacting blacklink itself.
But there is a high chance that the usage of multiple blacklink cards is not advised, but please contact Blacklink itself.

Toon
tvdz

Postby PhasedMedia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:10 am

Hey,
On windows systems only one BMD card is supported.
Mac pros' can have two BMD IntPro cards installed.
There are other makers of digital input cards, but not in the same price-range of the intensity.
Is using DV (firewire) not an option for the camera feed? Slightly more latency, but still better than composite.

EDIT: With new BMD drivers two cards (even of different types) are now supported.
Last edited by PhasedMedia on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby Mantsu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Hello

Thank you so much for your replies. Helped a lot.
In the end we decided to get a MonsterX2 + Intensity pro. I hope both of these will run simultaneously.
Do you know if this will be fine? Also got a new PC upgraded with windows 7 so no more old school XP.

Thank you again.

Mantsu
Mantsu

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing