ableton/grandvj freezing please help

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

ableton/grandvj freezing please help

Postby gorgor1979 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 am

hello everyone. I've been using the demo version of grandvj rewired to ableton live for the last few days. I wanted to test it before I purchased. anyhow, I've been programing midi clips in ableton to trigger images in grandvj, pretty simple. my problem is after a while my computer freezes. cursor still moves but nothing else. I have a 2.4 ghz macbookc ore 2 duo with 2gb of ram. I have nuvj but really want to use grandvj because of rewire support. I have been using ableton for years and never have had any problems with it. should I run grandvj on a seperate drive? is there something in gradvj's preferences I should change? I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I really want to make this work. thanks.
gorgor1979

Re: ableton/grandvj freezing please help

Postby visualtoby » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:07 pm

I have the same issue...
I go to open Grand VJ and it will freeze everytime!!!!
Can anyone help?

Toby
visualtoby

Postby tvdz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Does the complete system freezes (other applications) or only Grand VJ?
If the complete system freezes it can point to a hardware failure (like overheating of the system).
tvdz

Postby Moabyte » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm

It is not a hardware problem, I have the same issue when rewiring Live to GVJ. GVJ will also stall if left to run for 5+ minutes with no changes.

GVJ is totally unusable as a live tool, and although I love the program, I have never put it in front of a customer because I don't trust it. I've moved onto Modul8, its a much much better application. At least I can use my APC40 with Live.
Moabyte
Confirmed user

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing