Multiple Key Mappings v.CHECK THIS OUT!

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Multiple Key Mappings v.CHECK THIS OUT!

Postby socaldj » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

So I was on a quest to figure out the best way to pause a video using GrandVJ. I searched and searched, and to my dismay even the staff said pausing was not possible, nor was mapping two different speeds at the same time. Well luckily I didn't take their word for it, and its not even that hard to add multiple key mappings to the same function with different values.

All you have to do is export your mappings template which is just an XML doc and then manually add what you want, and then import your mappings template.

For example, I configured F11 on my laptop to pause the video, and F12 to play the video which both interact with the speed controls in layer 1 on the same function.

code exmaple:
<NODEMAPPING TARGET="/layer/1/MOVIESPEED" CHANNEL="keyboard:0:F11" RANGE="0.500000,0.500000,1.000000" />
<NODEMAPPING TARGET="/layer/1/MOVIESPEED" CHANNEL="keyboard:0:F12" RANGE="0.625000,0.625000,1.000000" />

Thought you other VJ's would like to know, there's much more you can do with multiple key mappings than just pause :D

Cheers!
socaldj

Re: Multiple Key Mappings v.CHECK THIS OUT!

Postby paul-h » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:55 pm

uh.. this seems useful! I'll try it out asap.
thanks!
paul-h
Advanced user

Postby Jonas » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:16 pm

While we're talking about manual key mapping, is it possible to map de play forward and backward manually? Because it's impossible to do it with the mapping interface.

Regards
Jonas
Normal user

Postby fb2003 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:45 pm

where are these xml files saved btw :oops:

What I want to try is the following. in NUVJ it's possible to "tap in" a bpm, which send a value for beattime to flash. GrandVJ doesnt have a BPM button ( :evil: ), but does seem to send flash a value for beattime every second or so....but no bpm can be "tapped-in". Maybe with these custom key mappings this function can be activated?
fb2003

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing