Disappointed with default User Survey

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Disappointed with default User Survey

Postby jcbklyny » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 pm

I have to say that I was very disappointed with the default options given on the new GVJ upgrade user survey. Virtually all of the choices are useless to me.

I was wondering how other forum members felt about it. Maybe it's just me.

- John
jcbklyny
Expert user

Re: Disappointed with default User Survey

Postby DWK » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 am

Agreed. We're falling further and further behind software like VDMX and Modul8. While they implement new cutting edge features in each release this survey is basically asking which features we had in Arkaos VJ years ago we want implemented first in GrandVJ.... Urgh. Also, what's with implementing Mac only features while saying you're cross platform? Forum support and dialogue from Arkaos staff is falling away too... I love what Arkaos VJ was and what Grand VJ should be, but it seems to have got lost somewhere along the way. Give me a reason to promote GrandVJ again please! I really want to.
David Kirkpatrick
Sound and Multimedia Artist
davidk.com.au
DWK
Normal user

Re: Disappointed with default User Survey

Postby jcbklyny » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm

The mac only features annoyed me in the survey as well as additional effect parameters and the numerous questions asking about specific effects to be added. I'll be happy with simple basic additions like...

* Audio upgrades - Simple midi volume control or being able to enable or disable audio of cells.
* How about being able to pick the preview frame of cells? (this has been requested since release)
* Preview window upgrades for multiple video outputs or aspect ratio instead of a locked 4x3 preview.

And the statement that the request thread is too long to read... defeats the purpose of having a request thread!!

- John
jcbklyny
Expert user

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing