Position grid

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Position grid

Postby mobius » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 am

Hello everyone. I am completely new to Grand VJ and have a question that I could not find an answer to in the forums.

When you select a clip, and you want to adjust the size and position, there is a 3x3 grid that you can shrink or enlarge the layer, but I do not see how to use any of the 3x3 grid except for the center square? Why are there 9 squares and I am only able to position my clips in the very middle square? Am I missing something?

Thank you for your understanding and help. I am setting up a multiple projection display of 7 projectors for a nightclub.

Mobius
mobius

Re: Position grid

Postby tvdz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Hi,

The middle cell of the 3x3 grid represents the screen output. The neighbouring cells are just meant for reference.
The white square represents the postiion/size/rotation of your visual.
So you just need to position and scale the white scare where you want your visual.

For example, if you connect 2 projectors in a horizontal configuration to GrandVJ and you want to play a different visual on each of them, then you position your first visual on the left half of the middle cell, and the 2nd visual on the right half of the middle cell.

I hope this helps.

How are you planning to set up the 7 projectors? :)
tvdz

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing