Large library show killing bug still present from v2-v3

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos MediaMaster with other users.

Moderator: Jdoniaute

Large library show killing bug still present from v2-v3

Postby PhasedMedia » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 am

I'll be contacting dev team directly, but for anyone who still checks this forum here is a warning...

The bug (MM logo appearing on screen over top of any actual loops) caused by having a large media library (over 125Gig) is still present in the latest version. It takes an hour or so to show up.
I have been able to recreate this bug on several (5) different PC computer systems, licenced and demo software as well.
I don't normally use a library this size for shows, but I like to have a master library in order to keep my console presets uniform across rigs.

Also, in both v2.x & v3.x when there is a lot of visuals in library, no thumbnails are generated for the "Visuals" tab in the GUI, instead "NO VISUAL" text is displayed.

We can work around this bug by having smaller libraries, but I would like a note added to user manuals specifying a maximum number of visuals in a media library before MediaMaster becomes unstable and buggy.
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Re: Large library show killing bug still present from v2-v3

Postby Jdoniaute » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:17 am

We are aware of this bug and we are currently working on it.

There is a a workaround:

You can create separate libraries in the DOCUMENTS/ARKAOS MEDIAMASTER/
For example, besides the MEDIA library already existing, you can create other folders like MEDIA2; MEDIA3; GIG; XXX TOUR; etc.
Then in the mediamaster library, you can change the root folder.

The other work around is to create a separate folder in the DOCUMENT/ARKAOS MEDIAMASTER/ named WAREHOUSE for example and move there all the XXX_FOLDER you don't need from the MEDIA folder to the WAREHOUSE folder.
Then you can move the folders you need towards the MEDIA folder and refresh your library.

Note that if you do either of the options above, all the visuals currently playing will stop because the library is reloaded.

The point is to avoid that bug by putting aside the visuals you don't need at the time. Indeed it is unlikely that you need to run 125Go of visuals on one show. But doing either these options make it quicker to switch libraries.
Jdoniaute

Postby randerson87 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I am having this issue as well, but with a much smaller show. I am running on a Mac and my show will not load with a show over 32 GB and about 259 files. Any insight into this? This is a pretty significant problem.
randerson87

Postby Jdoniaute » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

We are working hard on this issue and it should be corrected in the next version of MediaMaster.

So far, we discovered that the bug isn't coming from the size of the library, but from the number of files.
Jdoniaute

Return to MediaMaster - DMX video software for lighting designers