Problem when using two controllers on WinXP

What kind of MIDI devices do you use ? How do you use them ? Have a problem configuring it with GrandVJ? Have a tip to share on how to use it ?
ALL about MIDI keyboards, controllers, adapters etc.. and ArKaos goes here !

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Problem when using two controllers on WinXP

Postby mfo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi

Until now i was using only a Novation RemoteSL Zero - everything working fine. But now i've bought me an additional controller, the M-Audio XSessionPro.
In Arkaos "use all Midi devices" is activated, but still Arkaos refuses to recognize any signals anymore from my RemoteSL! Looking inside midiOX i see a lot of midi ports as expected. There are two ports of the Xsession and three of the RemoteSL. When i use the controllers, midi messages are sent as expected. But in Arkaos the ones by the RemoteSL do not appear. Nevertheless the RemoteSL still is listed in Arkaos Midi devices list.

I even tried to switch off "use all Midi devices" and directly choose the RemoteSL - without success. Only way is to switch the XSession off.

For now i use MidiOX to remap all ports to one virtual MidiYoke port. But MidiOX crashes sometimes and in general i would very much appreciate to have less programs running in the background to keep the whole setup easier and more robust.

Marcel // MFO
mfo
Normal user

Postby crustea » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 pm

MMMh, strange..

How did you plug your controllers ? I use a midi keyboard (edirol pcr) and I plug my akai mpd24 to the midi in port or the keyboard, and it work fine (all the signals then come from the pcr).

Hope that helps !
Image Image
crustea
Expert user

Postby mfo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 pm

The xsession has only a usb (midi) connection. So there is no way of connecting it to the midi ports of the Novation (or other way around).

In other tools both controllers work perfectly in parallel.
mfo
Normal user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for VJ/DJ