evolution x-session midi issues?

What kind of MIDI devices do you use ? How do you use them ? Have a problem configuring it with GrandVJ? Have a tip to share on how to use it ?
ALL about MIDI keyboards, controllers, adapters etc.. and ArKaos goes here !

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

evolution x-session midi issues?

Postby gnomatron » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm

hi,

I seem to be having issues with my evolution x-session midi controller, with Arkaos. Basically, sometimes Arkaos will stop responding to the x-session, and the midi light in arkaos will turn off. Going into the midi setup menu in arkaos and out again usually, but not always, makes arkaos pick up the signal again, but will hang the program for 10 or 15 seconds. I have "use all midi devices" checed, and I've never had any similar problems with my Korg Micro Kontrol.

The problem is intermittent; the controller will work fine and then for no obvious reason arkaos will stop responding to it, but it appears that it's still sending midi.

I'm only using the knobs/fader for CC messages, and I'm running Arkaos patches in the "computer keyboard" display mode, but I can't see that making any difference? I'm also running Midi Yoke, though not using it at the moment, could it be interfering somehow?

help appreciated!
gnomatron

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for VJ/DJ