HDMI input cards?

What kind of MIDI devices do you use ? How do you use them ? Have a problem configuring it with GrandVJ? Have a tip to share on how to use it ?
ALL about MIDI keyboards, controllers, adapters etc.. and ArKaos goes here !

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

HDMI input cards?

Postby Supermarket » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:54 am

Hi, a friend of mine was asking me about the possibility of video-mixing with live HD input streams.

I currently use Grand VJ... will GVJ this recognise and handle HDMI input streams? For example, the BlackMagic Intensity Pro card? I have one of these in a desktop PC and haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I'm also looking into wireless transmitter/receiver systems to send HDMI footage remotely, but I'll need to know if GVJ can process the streams before I get too carried away with my research.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's experimenting with live HD video mixing... an exciting prospect.
Supermarket
Confirmed user

Re: HDMI input cards?

Postby PhasedMedia » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:54 am

Hey mate,
Intensity pro cards work well with GrandVJ. There was an issue with 2009 model, but blackmagic design released an update that sorted problem.
Only one blackmagic card can be installed on a PC, mac pros can have two int pros installed.
If video latency isn't a problem for the end application (i.e. close-ups and running FX over live video) then IntPro would be ideal as HDMI video source. Suggest using a presentation mixer instead (eg. kramer 727XL + t-bar, or similar) to do mixing if its for IMAG.
EDIT: New BMD drivers now support two cards on PC systems, so if you like you could put in two of the quad SDI cards for mixing of 8 HDSDI camera inputs
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Re: HDMI input cards?

Postby oupoower » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:39 pm

What's the difference between an HDMI cable and component cable? I bought the HDMI cable for my PS3 to tv and I did not have an HDMI area in my tv to plug it in. So, I was told I need the AV Component Cable for my PS3. Does the component cable make it Hi-Def?
oupoower

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for VJ/DJ