MIDI Triggering

What kind of MIDI devices do you use ? How do you use them ? Have a problem configuring it with GrandVJ? Have a tip to share on how to use it ?
ALL about MIDI keyboards, controllers, adapters etc.. and ArKaos goes here !

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

MIDI Triggering

Postby macca » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:38 pm

Help Me!,

I have been trying to set up triggers from two MIDI keyboards into Arkaos. I am using an Oxygen 8 keyboard for my own triggers and further triggers need to come from one of the band members keyboards to my patches in Arkaos at the same time I am triggering from my oxygen 8. I can get Arkaos to recieve a midi signal from either port 1 or port 2 but not both ports at the same time. I am using an e-magic MT4 midi interface that has two in's and 4 out's. When you try and select which port to receive data from you can only select port 1 or port 2 in the Midi Set-up menu in Arkaos, I presume there should be a setting that recognises more than one input of data. I have the gig with the band this coming friday 31st October 2003 and need to sort this out quickly. Anyone got any ideas?

I am using a powerbook G4 - 1.25Ghz with OSX 10.2

Thanks

Macca
macca

Postby macca » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:24 pm

It ok people I fixed it by using a Philip Rees Midi merge box, there must be a problem in the mac version of Arkaos, something that needs to be configured on the mac or some software that is installed to merge the signals?!

I would still like to know why there is an option for "accept all devices" on PC but only Port 1 or Port 2 on the Mac?

Any takers?
macca

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for VJ/DJ