Enttec Playback Wing

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderator: Jdoniaute

Enttec Playback Wing

Postby Gerschwin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am

I was wondering if anybody is using the Enttec Playback Wing for Arkaos Media Master? I need a small board for controlling stuff in MME and this one seems to be talking Art-Net and should be fully programmable from the Enttec NMU-software.

Any experience around here (lately)?
Cheers.
Gerschwin

Re: Enttec Playback Wing

Postby PhasedMedia » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 am

Hi Gerschwin, how were you planning to use the wing? Just by itself in artnet mode direct to MME? There are cheaper options if you're just using it as a set of handles.
Eg.
-Generic DMX console (eg.
12/24ch) with DMX512-USB or DMX512-ArtNet.
-A USB midi controller like a BCF2000, or whatever you have lying about.
-Martin's M-PC software (free 1universe ArtNet) with BCF2000 (motorised faders) or any generic midi/DMX board.
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Re: Enttec Playback Wing

Postby Gerschwin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Just for instant control on MME, no programming stuff whatsoever. I guess you're right: for this purpose it's a bit ridiculous to use a wing like this Enttec.
My dealer had a special offer on the Enttec so thought it might be useful. Nice road tough stuff but still a bit pricey for my needs right now.

Thanks for your reply!
Gerschwin

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting