Reset button Compulite Spark

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderator: Jdoniaute

Reset button Compulite Spark

Postby pderaaij » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:54 pm

We are experimenting with Arkaos in combination with the Compulite Spark light mixer.

Everything seems to be working perfect only when pressing on the reset button sends ArKaos to a crash mode. Sometimes only the acceleration service (the full screen app) stops working and with a simple reset of the full screen app this problem is solved. But sometimes the whole system crashes and needs a total reboot.

Is this an known problem or does anyone knows how to prevent this from happening? Disabling the reset button is not an real option as we use this a lot during programming and performing of the light show.
pderaaij

Postby FraKtus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:25 pm

Are you speaking about a reset bouton on the Spark console ?

Any DMX signals should never crash ArKaos, could you explain what signals are sent to ArKaos ?
FraKtus

Postby pderaaij » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:32 pm

Well, that's the little discussion we are having here. Normally a reset button would only stop the dmx signals and it looks to me that couldn't make crash the ArKaos application.

So, I will try to give a more detailed explanation of what is happening at the moment of a crash in an hour or so.
pderaaij

Postby pderaaij » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:12 pm

We have done some more testing and it appears that the problem doesn't arise from the reset button of the spark, but from the configuration of the graphical devices.

I've got some errors saying: "Error 95, application engine failed" or some of a kind, i don't know the text from the head. Maybe the problem lays in the type of movies and codecs we're using. We use avi, quicktime and many others. So maybe that is an problem?

I'm going to check this configuration first before posting any of my problems here at the forum :)

But let me state that i've just finished our first light & video show programmed at one console as an test and it looks very great with very nice features.
pderaaij

Postby FraKtus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:08 pm

pderaaij wrote:
I've got some errors saying: "Error 95, application engine failed" or some of a kind, i don't know the text from the head. Maybe the problem lays in the type of movies and codecs we're using. We use avi, quicktime and many others. So maybe that is an problem?

At what time do you have this message ? When activating the full screen ?

When the application goes full screen all media are opened and preloaded, so if you have a bad movie this could give that kind of messages.

Try with an empty kos files and then start adding your content to see what is causing the trouble.

The message is not coming from ArKaos but could come from a video driver, an input device, or a decompression codec.
FraKtus

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting